5/05/2015

Semolina & Olive Oil Bread with Sesame Seeds

The original recipe required sesame seeds exclusively, much more than I had on hand in fact. So I made my own adjustments in that department, instead using a combo of semolina, bread flour, and unbleached all-purpose flour. I wasn't altogether sure this would work well since semolina is very high gluten flour and I didn't have a lot of it.
The olive oil adds a subtle aroma that's uniquely appealing, and it also obviously lends something special to the bread's beautifully textured crumb. As for the sesame seeds, I made the decision to add them on my own, but as you can see most or all of them fell off when I turned the loaves over to remove them from the pans.
That was entirely my own fault: I should have wet the tops of the unbaked loaves with water, or brushed them with an egg wash, and then gently patted down the seeds to help them adhere. The bread was just as good, though, despite those wayward sesames.
 
look at those loaves  absolutely delicious.......
 absolutely delicious.......
 look at those loaves  absolutely delicious.......
 just out of oven....
 ready to bake with steam in oven and added sesame seeds....
 ready for second rise with hot water steam in warm oven......
 ready to put in loaf pans...
 roll it up and close the seams and trunk ends.....
 give it a bunnies letter fold....
 ready to cut in two parts....
 dough has fully raised double ......
 first rise dough is in container with hot water steam in microwave......
 added the wet liquids to the flour mixture and mixed until smooth....
 have ready the oil/warm water/yeast.....
 mixing all of the dry ingredients for 7 minutes....

2 comments:

  1. I had a slice it was delicious sis thank you for the bread sis and like the steps on the postđŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you big sister, I'm glad that you like the semolina bread , so you can make it soon. ...

      Delete